Seattle English Country Dances
Friday Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Regular Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Occasionally dances are held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115.
- Newcomers session from 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Dance from 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
- General admission $10.00, SCC members $8, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances, generally 1st and 3rd Sundays each month.
- Tea Dances are held at University Heights Center, 5031 University Way NE - Room 209, unless noted otherwise below
- Dance: 3:30 -5:45 pm. Newcomers session 3:00- 3:30 pm. Admission $10.00
Cascadia 2017, May 5-7. Registration is open!An entire weekend of fabulous dancing to the best musical combinations in the northwest. Seattle is fortunate to have so many stellar musicians who combine their talents to produce sublime music for our dancing pleasure and enjoyment. Dancing Master Bruce Hamilton and Special Caller Erik Weberg combine their talents to teach, inspire and educate us in fascinating and enjoyable ways.The fun starts with a dance for all Friday night, 4 workshops and a dance party Saturday, and another workshop plus a final dance on Sunday. A delicious catered lunch is included on Saturday and snacks abound all weekend long. The Latvian Center has plenty of free parking, many changing rooms, a full kitchen, and a lovely dance hall. Hope you’ll join us!
2017 Regular Schedule
- April 23, 2017 - Tea Dance - Date change due to Easter. Caller- Laura Mé Smith. Music by Laurie Andres and Charles Coldwell.
- April 28, 2017 - SWEDISH CLUB - Caller - Mike Richardson. Music by Laurie Andres and friends.
- May 7, 2017 - NO TEA DANCE BECAUSE THAT IS SEATTLE'S CASCADIA ENGLISH DANCE WEEKEND.
- May 12, 2017 - SWEDISH CLUB - Callers - Mary Stevens Zarich and Peter Zarich. Music by Guinevere Sanger, Melissa Coffey, and a fiddler, TBA.
- May 21, 2017 - TEA DANCE - NOTE: Will be held at St. Andrews from 3-5:30pm. Caller- Charlene Kern. Music TBA.
- May 26, 2017 - SWEDISH CLUB - NO FRIDAY NIGHT DANCE. JOIN US AT THE FOLKLIFE FESTIVAL!
Information on English Country Dancing
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Zarich, (425) 771-2973, email@example.com
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.