Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances
- Tea Dances are held at the Cedar Valley Grange, Lynnwood (map info), from 4:00pm until 6:30pm.
- Newcomers session from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Admission $7, students $5.
2015 Regular Schedule
- May 22 -FOLKLIFE BEGINS - No dance at the Swedish Club. Note the ECD dancing at the Folklife Festival.
- May 29th FIFTH Friday dance - Caller Laurie Andres with a little assist from Karen. Music by Laurie Andres and Brandon Vance.
- June 12 - Caller - Russell Owen. Music by Julian Adamaitis, Betsy Alexander, and Susan Burke.
- June 26 - Caller Victoria Bestock. Music by Dave Bartley and Joe Bowbeer.
- ECD at FOLKLIFE
Monday, May 25th from 1:00-2:00pm. Stay tuned for more information soon.
All dancing will be held in the Roadhouse. On Saturday there will be a dollar for dollar matching pitch made by four NW Folklife Board members.
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, email@example.com
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.