Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances are generally the 3rd Sunday.
- Tea Dances are held at the Cedar Valley Grange, Lynnwood (contact info), from 4:00pm until 6:30pm.
- Newcomers session from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Admission $7, students $5.
2015 Regular Schedule
- Jan 23 - Caller Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres and Ruthie Dornfeld.
- Jan 30 - Caller Nan Evans. Music by Betsy Cooper, Kimberly McKittrick, Anita Anderson, and Fred Nussbaum.
- Feb 13 - Caller Laura Mé Smith. Music by Julie King, Susan Burke, and Marianne Tatom.
- Feb 27 - The Seattle Ball Weekend - Callers- Laura Mè Smith and Charlene Kern. Music by,the Tricky Brits. Congregational Church of Mercer Island, 4545 Island Crest Way, Mercer Island. Admission $10.
- Feb 28 - The Seattle Ball. Advance registration required.Check out their website
- May 1-3, 2015: Cascadia - An English Country Dance Weekend. With Dancing Master Brad Foster, and special caller Rosemary Lach. New location, more parking, details coming soon.
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, email@example.com
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.