Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Regular Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Occasionally dances are held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances
- Tea Dances are held at the Cedar Valley Grange, Lynnwood (map info), from 4:00pm until 6:30pm.
- Newcomers session from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Admission $7, students $5.
2016 Regular Schedule
- May 8 - Caller - Laura Me Smith. Music TBA - Cedar Valley Grange
- May 13 - Callers - Mary and Peter Zarich. Music by Terry Wergeland, Kimberly McKittrick, and Charles Coldwell. Swedish Club
- May 22 - Caller- Peggy Roe. Music TBA - Cedar Valley Grange. THIS ONE DANCE WILL START AT 3:00 PM, rather than 4:00pm.
- ENGLISH DANCE AT THE NW FOLKLIFE FESTIVAL
- Sat, May 28 - 1:00 pm. Nan Evans - Caller - Music by The Rosewind Band
- Sat, May 28 - 2:00pm - Laura Me Smith- Caller - Music by the Interstate English Band
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, email@example.com
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.