Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
2014-2015 Regular Schedule
- Dec 21 - SOLSTICE DAY DANCE - St. Andrews Church. Jean Causey, Mary Zarich, and Peter Zarich, will call. Music by Dawn Corl and Charles Coldwell. Newcomers session at 2:30 pm. Dance at 3:00 - 5:00 pm. $8 admission, $5 for students.
- Dec 26 - BOXING DAY DANCE - Caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres, Charles Coldwell and Marianne Tatom.
- Jan 9 - Callers Mary and Peter Zarich. Music TBA.
- Jan 23 - Caller Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres and friends.
- Jan 30 - Caller Nan Evans. Music by Betsy Cooper, Kimberly McKittrick, Anita Anderson, and Fred Nussbaum.
- May 1-3, 2015: Cascadia - An English Country Dance Weekend. With Dancing Master Brad Foster, and special caller Rosemary Lach. New location, more parking, details coming soon.
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, email@example.com
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.