Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances
- Tea Dances are held at the Cedar Valley Grange, Lynnwood (map info), from 4:00pm until 6:30pm.
- Newcomers session from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Admission $7, students $5.
2015 Regular Schedule
- June 26 - Caller Victoria Bestock. Music by Dave Bartley and Joe Bowbeer.
- July 10 - Caller - Nan Evans - Music by Fred Nussbaum, Julie King and Betsy Cooper.
- July 24 - Caller - Orly Krasner from New York - Music by Laurie Andres, Betsy Alexander and friends.
- Aug 14 - Caller - TBA. Music TBA
- Aug 28 - Callers - Mary and Peter Zarich. Music by Terry Wergeland, Joe Grote, Mary Varnum, Joe Michaels, and Stuart Hougen.
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, email@example.com
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.